10 February 2022
Following the launch of our new website in mid-January 2022, we wanted to be as transparent as possible with our community about how we envision this platform evolving to support our community.
Firstly it may be useful to answer - why was it necessary to develop a new website?
- The most important thing to an alumni office is an organised and efficient database of information. Our previous software, whilst still functional, was swiftly becoming outdated and it was apparent that we needed to safely migrate our data to a new platform
- It became clear that we needed a centralised hub for all of our communications, events and resources to exist within. We also wanted a way to open up our offering to other groups who have a relationship with BMS, as well as our main demographic of former students
- We were keen to offer more to our alumni, and this new software allows us to give you some agency by connecting with and messaging one another through the site, as well as updating your details and changing your consent preferences whenever you wish. It also serves as the perfect platform for initiatives such as our budding careers and mentoring programme.
We are so pleased to see a number of online members on the site already, and we plan to update you consistently with new features and content. We appreciate your support and your feedback immensely, and we look to implement your suggestions wherever possible so please do get in touch if you have any comments you would like to make.
Some features planned for the near future include:
- Centralising booking and paying for events directly through the site, rather than using a third party link or taking card payments over the phone. As we have full control over the site, if you cannot remember your password to log in and book onto an event, we can simply reset it for you
- The implementation of an OBM business directory
- More stories, interviews, archive content and clubs for every facet of the community
- The possibility of an app which will make phone use of our site far more accessible.